No high 5s, huddles, linking up or unnecessary contact.
Arrive on time donning a face-covering. CHECK IN TIME begins prior to your assigned start time.
Non-participants/Spectators – to minimize risk of disease transmission in Revolution’s facility non-participants are not allowed entry. Drop off will occur outside the facility.
Do whatever is reasonable to avoid the need to use a restroom while at Revolution facilities. If an athlete must use a restroom while on-site, please check with gym attendant for access if locked.
Arrive dressed for training and fully prepared to enter the court.
Bring a large and full water bottle sufficient to get through entire session.
ATHLETE SCREENING UPON ARRIVAL:
Check Temperature – must be below 100.4°
Ask and answer these questions:
- Am I and have I been symptom free, including fever (with or without medication), for at least 10 days prior to coming to the gym?
- Have I had close contact/exposure to anyone known to have or suspected to be ill with COVID-19 or a carrier of Coronavirus in the last 14 days?
We are excited to be able to host activities and provide the joy of participation in volleyball; it does, however, come with a responsibility. If they cannot answer “YES” to all of the questions listed above we ask that they not come to the gym.
Additionally,athletes must stay home if they are sick or do not feel well regardless of known or suspected cause. We are asking parents to monitor their health and report any symptoms or illness to an administrator.
Athletes will be given a court assignment for their training session. They should report directly to the court with their full water bottle and still wearing their face-covering.
- Before entering the court, athletes will thoroughly sanitize their hands using hand sanitizer.
- Athletes will take all reasonable measures to maintain social distancing. No high 5s, huddles, linking up or unnecessary contact. Avoid contact with your face, mouth, and eyes.
- All player breaks during gym activity will be taken on the assigned court. Movement in other areas of the facility should be extremely limited and always done with social distancing in mind.
- Only touch the volleyballs designated for your court.
At the End of Training (ca. 5 minutes)
- Athletes may be asked to assist with court turnover sanitization process.
- As athlete is leaving the court, athletes will gather any items and thoroughly sanitize their hands and water bottle exterior using hand sanitizer.
- After athletes complete their activity and leave the court surface, they must replace their face covering and practice social distancing.
- Training schedule has buffers to avoid congestion in the foyer as athletes enter and leave building.
- Please do not loiter in the facility after activities and be mindful of social distancing in the parking lot and other facility areas.
- Properly dispose of any trash generated while in the facility.
- Take all items home including water bottle. Sanitize water bottle (inside and out) and clean all clothing and gear as soon as possible after leaving gym.
- We will not be maintaining a lost and found until further notice. Items left behind will be discarded.
We will be holding a virtual information session via Zoom in mid-October. This will allow families to hear about Revolution, meet some of our staff, understand our club philosophy and training model, and ask any questions about this upcoming season.
The priority this season will be on quality training for all athletes and recruiting/exposure in whatever form that can take for our older athletes. We are looking at new ways to help our athletes with recruiting in a time when future college opportunities are changing and when showcasing talent may have to happen in a different atmosphere. Tournaments will be icing on the cake, as large, multi-day events may not be possible this season in the months we normally would be competing.
- staff to support athletes with recruiting
- Use of cameras and live streaming during practices to showcases our athletes
- Hosting of Rev Showcases to bring in college coaches to evaluate our athletes and those from the area (discount price for Rev players)
- Continued use of HUDL as a recruiting tool
- Printing of promotional materials to distribute to coaches while teams are on the road
- Improved website to publicize our athletes (new photos and bio piece)
- Support to our athletes from all staff to help guide the college search and find the right fit
The thing we are most excited about for the upcoming season is our STAFF! We have been able to gather an amazing group of coaches to work with our Revolution athletes for this season, and we are looking forward to continuing to build on the culture and climate in the gym that makes us Revolution. Our website is being updated to include photos and bios to introduce you to our coaches. Each team will be supported with their own Head and Assistant Coach.