The staff at Revolution Pittsburgh is looking forward to the 2022 season. At Revolution Volleyball Club, our purpose it to build up the hearts, minds and bodies of young people. The length of a club volleyball season provides the opportunity for each individual athlete and team to demonstrate growth in a variety of areas (i.e., athleticism, sport-specific techniques, volleyball “IQ,” and intangibles). These four pillars serve as a design framework for both practice and competition. We are proud of the girls for their hard work and success for the past two years. We also appreciate and value the relationships that developed between the athletes, parents and staff. These are important elements of the overall program.
GRIT Athletix (2920 McKelvey Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15221) will be the host for all of our tryouts. Practice locations include GRIT Athletix, Baierl Center/North Allegheny HS (10375 Perry Highway, Wexford, PA 15090) and St. John’s Lutheran Church (311 Cumberland Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15237).
Teams and Ages:
We are anticipating fielding seven to eight teams this season. We anticipate having one team at 12s and 13s, one Open/National level team at 14s, 15s, 16s, 17s, and 18s, and possibly second team at 16s level. (no more than 8 total teams)
You will need to have a Google account (Gmail) to register for tryouts. Please be logged in to your Gmail before clicking the link to register. The schedule can be viewed here: Tryout Schedule
If you cannot make it to a tryout session for your age group, please notify us at [email protected] so we can try to arrange other means of assessment.
- Addition of new staff to support athletes with recruiting
- Use of cameras and live streaming during practices to showcases our athletes
- Hosting of Rev Showcases to bring in college coaches to evaluate our athletes and those from the area (discount price for Rev players)
- Continued use of SportsRecruits as a recruiting tool
- Printing of promotional materials to distribute to coaches while teams are on the road
- Improved website to publicize our athletes (new photos and bio piece)
- Support to our athletes from all staff to help guide the college search and find the right fit
The thing we are most excited about for the upcoming season is our STAFF! We have been able to gather an amazing group of coaches to work with our Revolution athletes for this season, and we are looking forward to continuing to build on the culture and climate in the gym that makes us Revolution. Our website is being updated to include photos and bios to introduce you to our coaches. Each team will be supported with their own Head and Assistant Coach.